Friday, October 12, 2007

Dyson DC14 Cyclonic Upright Review

Ohiyo,
Well, another day another review here from the shop. In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been focusing a lot on Dyson lately. I’ll be going through all the Dyson uprights till I’ve reviewed them all. They should all be properly reviewed by this weekend and then it’s on to another exciting vacuum cleaner brand. I haven’t decided what brand that will be, but we’ll find out soon enough. I’m going to ramble all day if I don’t cut to the chase so here we go; today I bring you a review of the Dyson DC14 All Floors Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner.

Vacuum Cleaner: Dyson DC14 Cyclonic Upright
Vacuum Rating: 5 stars out of 5

The DC14 Cyclonic Vacuum is the next step up in Dyson’s ladder. I’m sure a lot of you are asking how Dyson justifies charging $30 more for the DC14 when it looks identical to the DC07. Well, there’s a good reason for the 7.5% price increase I’ll cover those differences and you can decide for yourself if the extra features are worth the extra dough.

Difference #1: Smaller Debris Bin
The DC14 is equipped with a slightly smaller debris bin than the DC07. I know you’re probably wondering “why should I pay more for less? The truth is something had to be sacrificed to fit the extra features offered by the Dyson DC14 Cyclonic. It’s a worthwhile comprise and I doubt most people will notice the small change. (I didn’t until I checked the specifications.)

Difference #2: Debris Channel
I know this is going to make me sound like a techno-nerd or possibly a vacuu-nerd but Dyson has developed a cutting edge design for the DC14. Their exclusive “Debris Channel” technology prevents debris from being pushed and spread around your carpet and instead, traps dust and dirt under the vacuum for suction.

Difference #3: Suction Hose Built in Handle
If you’re a fan of efficiency like I am, this feature is going to appeal to you. (My dream car is a ’91 Honda Civic DX that gets 100 MPG somehow.) The suction hose is built into the handle of the DC07 Cyclonic Upright. The result is a neater, cleaner looking vacuum cleaner, I can’t say it’s necessarily more convenient or better than the DC07 suction hose, but it’s definitely cooler. (Makes me feel like I’m pulling out a lightsaber every time I’m ready to vanquish dust bunnies.)

That’s about it for this review. I hope to have another one up today time permitting. (It’s slow for now, but that can change at any minute.) Remember, this review just covered the unique features of the Dyson DC14 Upright Vacuum Cleaner, if you want to see ALL the features of this vacuum visit my Dyson Vacuum Guide for detailed information on the Dyson Cyclonic Upright line.

No comments: