Friday, September 21, 2007

Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners on a Budget

The reader emails keep pouring in here at the shop and today I get to answer Losing True’s question. What did you have to say Losing True?

“I really would like your advice on what you think is a great vacuum. I have an old Kirby that has always driven me nuts (hard to use and heavy to lug up and downstairs, though it is very strong). I want something that you think is the best value for someone on a budget who actually likes to vacuum.

You have a great niche going. Keep it up!

Losing True”

Thanks for the compliment losing true. Your email wasn’t too specific so I’m going to assume you’re open to uprights and hand helds.

Hoover Tempo Widepath Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Weight:
18 lbs.
First model I want to introduce in this Guide to the Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners on a Budget is the Hoover Tempo Upright. I’ve given this vacuum a full review already and it’s the only vacuum cleaner to date that has earned my top 5 Star Rating. It’s not the lightest or cheapest kid on the block, but it’s powerful and effective.


Black & Decker CHV1400 14.4-Volt Cyclonic DustBuster
Weight: 6.5 lbs.
I haven’t gotten around to posting a full review of this hand held vacuum yet but I have 2 pages of notes waiting to be typed into my computer when I have the time. This is my favorite hand held vacuum cleaner and I reccomend it to a lot of my friends searching for a great hand held vacuum.

I like this one because it’s fairly cheap (Retails for $35-$40.), has a very good repair history, and is very powerful for a hand held vacuum. (Most repairs were for wear and tear.) It's also rechargeable. Your Sensei doesn't like buying batteries and went nuts after the Wii came out and buying new batteries every 6 days for 4 controllers! I will never give the okay to buy any hand held vacuum cleaner that requires replacing batteries, it's just much easier on everyone involved, including the environment! Black and Decker helped propel the Handheld Cyclonic DustBuster to this list by including a crevice tool and cleaning brush when many other manufacturers don't.

Bissell 3106A Featherweight Lightweight Vacuum
Weight: 3.5 lbs.
I know you’re looking for a bargain Losing True and your Sensei has found it. I saw this lightweight vacuum in my shop 2 months ago when an older lady cracked the front plate and asked me to replace it. Coming in at $25 bucks, yes, that’s right, an upright vacuum cleaner for $25 bucks this is the cheapest, lightest vacuum cleaner I’ve ever had the privilege of working with. Factoring in price and size this is a very powerful vacuum. If you’re looking for the best lightweight vacuum bargain, look no further than the Bissell 3106A LightWeight Vacuum. (I’ll post a full review of this vacuum sometime soon.)


Well Vacuum Sensei students, that's it for my guide to the Best Lightweight Vacuums on a Budget. Remember, these are only my suggestions, do your own research, there's a lot of excellent lightweight vacuum cleaners out there I probably have never seen or heard of. If you find any of these burried gems, just be sure to let me know, it's great to share wisdom! Have a great weekend everyone!

Sincerely,
The Vacuum Sensei,
http://VacuumSensei.com

No comments: