Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hoover S2220 Flair Bagless Upright Review

Hoover Flair Bagless Stick Vacuum S2220 ReviewKonichiwa! Your Sensei is up and running sleeping in really late, I got nearly 11 hours of sleep! Ughhh, last night was horrible till I finally conked out and got some rest. I woke up this morning feel much better, though I still have a sore throat and stuffy nose. Hopefully your Sensei will be well enough to make it to the shop on Monday. If not, Johnny can handle things for another day or two. If worse comes to worse, I go to work a little under the weather. I’m getting off track, it’s time to address the reason why you’re really here. You want to know what I think of the Hoover Flair Stick Vacuum.

Your Sensei loves to keep things as simple as possible. That’s why I bought every single “15 Minute Recipes” book the Sensei’s children had to sell in high school. Simplicity is the reason why I like the Hoover Flair Stick Vacuum. It’s also the reason why your Sensei didn’t like this vacuum. I’ll explain why it seems I’m so contradictory.

There are a few Stick Vacuums out there that force the user to endure a long assembly process. Removing screws, adding faceplates, and most people wind up with extra parts that weren’t meant to be left over. Not true with the Hoover Flair Stick Vacuum. Assembly is extremely simple: There’s a small bolt on the front of the vacuum, twist it counter clockwise with your fingers, slide the handle on, then twist the bolt clockwise. Poof, you’re done! Even for the least mechanically inclined person this should be simple and take no more than a minute.

However, once you’ve used the Hoover Flair for a few months you’ll need to buy a couple of parts to keep this vacuum running at maximum potential. First, the filter grill has to be replaced on a regular basis. This is the final filter air goes through before it’s put back into circulation and if it’s clogged with gunk you vacuum will spew out dust filled air back into your home, your Sensei’s worst nightmare. Okay, well, there are worse things like fires, floods, and killer bees, but still, for a vacuum repairman that cares a lot it’s pretty bad.

Performance wise, the Hoover Flair is fine. This wasn’t the most powerful stick vacuum I’ve ever had in my shop, but it was adequate. A quick run through the test carpet showed me that I wouldn’t be ashamed to have it in my home, though I’m sure if I checked my repair notes I could definitely find other stick vacuums that were better at picking up loose particles than this one.

Your Sensei ultimately decided the Hoover S2200 Flair Vacuum earned 3.5 stars out of 5 because I just didn’t see the value I see in other stick vacuums. There are several on the market right now that deliver more power, features, and less taxing maintenance than the Hoover Flair. If you’re dead set on buying a Hoover Flair your Sensei recommends patience, wait for it to go on sale then pounce on the savings.

No comments: