Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hoover Windtunnel Bagless Review S3765-040

Hoover WindTunnel Canister Vacuum Cleaner Review
Vacuum Rating: 3 stars out of 5 for costing too much
Price: $179.99
Buy The Hoover WindTunnel

I have a guest room 3 of my friends still insist is “their” room”. Despite their willingness to live like hobos, I keep a lot of extra stuff in there, fans I don’t use in the winter, your Sensei’s huge pile of old computers I keep saying I’m going to refurbish but probably never will, and of course it is now the perfect location for the Vacuum Sensei’s video vacuum cleaner reviews! I bring that awful mess up because I keep a canister vacuum on hand to clean between the heaps of plastic and wood. It’s easier to maneuver a canister vacuum in small spaces than it is to plow an upright through the mess. I do prefer uprights to canisters, but if you’re like me and have a lot of furniture or crowded quarters, a canister vacuum just might be the best of the two options.

Your Sensei was eager to review the Hoover Windtunnel. I had heard so many things about it from a friend who purchased one. (I told him to get a Miele, he was looking for a high end canister vacuum and Miele is the cream of the crop, super expensive, but the best out there.) What did the Vacuum Sensei find? Lots!

I touched on this in a previous review but manufacturers have been trending towards developing better hand held tools. It’s about time! They’ve basically stayed the same since the vacuum cleaner was invented it’s extremely encouraging to see some innovation in the industry. The WindTunnel by Hoover is great because it includes a handheld tool whose brush is powered by power and not by air. You get a very aggressive, strong vacuum brush by adding a little more than a few wisps of air. You can get the dust and grime that’s buried deep down in your carpets. The Sensei was impressed with the light and comfortable grip of this useful gadget as well!

Another thing your Sensei likes about this canister vacuum is the washable HEPA filter. Hoover says you should clean it out once a year, but coming from someone with allergies, I would clean it out at least every 3 months. It’s nice to know your vacuum cleaner is performing at its optimum potential.

One thing I didn’t like was removing the vacuum head. It’s kind of a pain to press down on the vacuum release nozzle. Well, it’s difficult for me; but remember, your Sensei is clumsy and always got picked last for dodgeball.

My main complaints with the Hoover WindTunnel are debris canister size and price. The debris canister is extremely small. I wouldn’t be surprised if regular vacuum users were dumping out dirt on a weekly basis. A good vacuum cleaner can last a couple weeks between debris dumps.

The Vacuum Sensei staff agreed the Hoover WindTunnel is a mediocre vacuum cleaner to own, If the Hoover WindTunnel retailed in the $150 range I might be able to give this vacuum cleaner a higher recommendation, but excessive price tag weights it down to 3 stars.

Cool Features
Self-winding power cord
Cleanable and reusable HEPA filter
Includes Hoover’s hand power tool
Large wheels make transport easy

Included Tools
Crevice Tool
Small Brush
Hard floor tool
Dusting brush
*Powered hand tool - Great pack in!

Specifications
Size: 28.1” x 15.7” x 13.5”
Weight: 13 lbs.
Amps: 12

No comments: