Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner Guide

Best Upright Vacuum Cleaner Guide

Hello,
Thanks for everyone who writes in asking me for my opinions on vacuum cleaners. Unfortunately I’m unable to answer you all so I decided to start writing some guides that can answer a lot of your questions. One of the most common emails I get starts out with “What’s the best upright vacuum cleaner?” It’s a question I was glad to answer for the first 50 times, but now it’s kind of wearing on me. So, for all of you who thought about emailing me today looking for advice on the best upright vacuum cleaner here’s my Guide to the Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners. I’ll update this page periodically as new models come out, manufacturers drop their prices, and anything else I can’t foresee happens. On to the show!

Best Budget Upright Vacuum Cleaner: Hoover Tempo Widepath
I’m sure this isn’t a surprise to some, but the best budget vacuum cleaner on the market right now has to be the Hoover Tempo Widepath. If you don’t believe me, read any of the hundreds of positive Amazon or Epinions reviews and see what they have to say. I have no problems disagreeing with the crowd, but the Hoover Tempo Widepath has given me no reasons to disagree with it in my shop. It was fairly quiet, extremely powerful, and one of the cheapest vacuum cleaners on the market. I believe they still go for less than $70 bucks.
Read the Full Review

Best Midrange Upright Vacuum Cleaner: Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum
The Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Upright performs extremely well compared to other vacuum cleaners in this price range. I haven’t managed to write up a full review on this particular unit, but as I go over my notes I’m remembering why I rated it so high. First, it comes with a power brush attachment with small spinning agitator brush for cleaning deep down your upholstery. Next, the assembly was fairly easy and most people can put this vacuum cleaner together in less than 5 minutes. If you’re concerned with dust and allergens, this upright vacuum cleaner is equipped with a sealed HEPA air filtration system, greatly reducing allergens in your home. Replacing the filter was also quick and extremely easy compared to most other filter systems. Finally, the Bissell Healthy Home Vacuum Cleaner is designed with a bottom release debris canister, which means dirt free falls into your trash can. If you hold the canister over your trash can before release, you’re going to cut down on a lot of dirt that gets released into the air.

Best High End Upright Vacuum Cleaner: Dyson Animal DC07 Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson Animal series is your Sensei’s favorite high end vacuum cleaner line. There are several different versions of the Dyson Animal. The DC07 is the basic unit and is the cheapest of the bunch. The rest of the vacuums in this line are more expensive because they target niches like allergies. I’ve chosen this specific Dyson Animal Cyclone because it was the basic. It’s best feature is power. You’re probably going to be shocked at the amount of dirt this upright vacuum cleaner is going to earn you. I’ve already written a full review of this specific model and you can read it here.
My Dyson Animal DC07 Review

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found a great store named Oreck which provides, Canister Vacuum, Cleaners, Floor Machines, Air Purifiers & Small Appliances at discounted prices....